Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) GlovesCalistoga Spa Hot Springs Staff will receive and be required to wear gloves throughout the duration of their scheduled work shift. The only exception will be if the use of gloves creates a safety hazard.
Sanitation ProceduresAll staff must wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol may be used. At the beginning and end of the shift, each staff member must sanitize their work area (keyboards, telephones, desks, housekeeping carts etc.). Commercial grade disinfectant will be available in each department. Hand sanitizer will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas.
Social distancingStaff members must follow the 6 feet social distancing guideline - adhering to mandates by county, state, and federal government. Floors may be marked at the front desk and signage installed to ensure guests are keeping a safe distance when checking in/out or inquiring about something in person.
COVID-19 Symptoms CheckAt the beginning of each shift, staff members will be asked if they are feeling any of the CDC described symptoms for COVID-19. If a Staff Member has a fever, they will be directed to go home and monitor their fever and other COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. cough shortness of breath). Staff will be directed to contact our designated advisory healthcare professional for further evaluation.
Pre-shifts, meetings, trainingsTo abide by the social distancing guidelines, we will minimize the number of in-person trainings and meetings. When in-person meetings or trainings are scheduled the room must be set-up so participants can remain 6 feet from each other. Training materials, agendas, etc. will be handed to each participant versus placed on the table. Pre-shifts must take place in area were social distancing can be maintained.
- Stay over service has been suspended to protect our team members and guests. • Extra amenities will be delivered upon request.
- Guestrooms can be quarantined for 24 to 72 hours before beginning the cleaning and disinfecting process. We cannot guarantee the reserved guest room number can be honored to meet this requirement.
- After guest departure, doors and windows will be opened to increase air circulation in the guestroom and air conditioning filters cleaned and disinfected.
- Guestrooms will be cleaned with CDC approved quaternary disinfectant between every guest use
- Housekeeping must ensure trash, soiled and dirty linen from every room is bagged and handled with caution to eliminate exposure.
- Clean and disinfect all areas of guestrooms and common areas including remote controls, lamp switches, door handles, and doorknobs. All multi touch items such as coffee makers, alarm clock, channel guides and notepads have been removed from the room per State of California requirements.
- Ensure the enhanced cleaning standards are always thoroughly followed. Cross contamination will be avoided by using proper cleaning rags and clean gloves for every area in the guestroom.
- All high traffic touch areas and common places will be sanitized and disinfected no less than 3 times a day or after use.
- The overnight team will deep clean all public areas. The use of bleach base and disinfectant chemicals will be used to sanitize effectively. Public bathrooms are not available during this phase of reopening.
- Ensure every sanitizing station are replenished
- To minimize air contamination, dirty laundry will be handled with care.
- All employees handing contaminated items must wear masks and gloves and dispose before touching sanitized spaces/leaving or returning from break periods. Do not shake laundry.
- Items must be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines and instructions.
- Clean and disinfect hampers/other carts that transport laundry according to guidance below
- It is mandatory that every team member maintain a 6ft distance from others.
- Signage and floor markings at the front desk to ensure guests are keeping a safe distance when checking in/out or inquiring about something in person.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the front desk stations to minimize exposure.
- Group arrivals will be pre-keyed and registered to ensure a quick and contactless experience.
- When practical, front doors will be left open throughout the day to limit contact with door handles. Note our lobby will not be open during this phase of reopening. Guest interactions will occur at the lobby window.
- A staff member will always be present at curbside to navigate traffic and be sure that everyone is adhering to guidelines set forth.
- The front office reception desk will be sanitized after each guest interaction.
- The use of cash transactions will be discouraged unless necessary.
- Gloves must always be used during cash transactions. Gloves must be disposed of immediately following the transaction.
- Identification and Method of Payment will be checked visually at the front desk. The chip reader will be presented to the guest so that they can insert their Method of Payment with limited contact.
- All chip and pin readers will be clean with disinfectant spray after each use.
- A drop box will be supplied for all used room keys.
- Room keys will be sanitized 24 hours after guest use before utilizing again.
- New room keys will be presented to the guest with gloves in a tray to limit exposure.
Pool and Pool Deck Operations
- Social Distancing in pool requirement at 6 ft minimum.
- Lounge chairs and tables are prepositioned to achieve social distancing requirements.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocol - Pool areas will be treated with disinfectant at the end of each day or as needed.
- Maintain proper disinfectant levels (1-10 parts per million free chlorine or 3-8 bromine) and pH (7.2-8).